Kulfi Waala & Karma

Kulfi Waala & karma
                     Kulfi Waala  & Karma     
                    ‌    भैया चार कुल्फी देना

It was an unusually  long day at work in the sweltering hot month of May and, I was rushing back to my air conditioned home to grab my lunch and to catch up on my favorite noon nap. Just as I was taking a turn to my lane I saw a crowd of bystanders bending their heads and torsos over something on a side walk pavement . Like always my mind did a calculative move of a typical human mentality  to stop or not to stop. While I was making up my mind I saw a familiar cart parked near those crowd of people. It was the cart of the kulfi waala who used to frequently visit our  sector to sell his Kulfis.

I immediately parked my car and went towards the hanging head crowd hoping not to see something which would be beyond me. There he was , lying on the pavement listless . It was a typical scenario one sees in such situations with all kind of people making all kinds of diagnosis and giving  advice but none would move an inch to  take any action. On intervening I was shocked to know that he had been lying there for almost 45mins being watched  by innumerable heads passing a verdict on his ill fate.
Something  told me , its now or never for him as he didn't look good, not al all .

Taking initiative and getting support form two young guys I quickly  loaded him into my car and rushed him to the nearest govt hospital . Sometimes my fast driving skills can come be a boon.
 Being married to a doctor I requested him to stop by and have a look at him and that  had a great impact on his speedy start of the treatment at a govt hospital which otherwise may or may not take  place in a slow motion.
          It was a huge relief to  finally see him open his eyes , the  kulfi waala bhaiya was alive.

I was told that had he not been given immediate medical attention he might have not made it ,as he had had a stroke.  
    From hospital it was time to go to the police station to report the incident and to secure his cart which was his only  means of livelihood.All done it was time to head home and it was also time to rewind and reflect on Destiny & karma.
         I'm a firm believer in  Destiny and Karma. 
Destiny, intentionally made me late at work by giving me more cases  so that I could cross that path at that hour and be there while he was still lying there hoping for a miracle . And it was indeed  his karma  too whcih worked in his favor. 

I write about this to not paint myself as a savior or a hero  but as a plea to all human beings to always stop, pause and help similar or other victims and save lives. God forbid it could be you or your dear ones someday who meet the same fate and how desperate would you be at that time that  some brave soul of God would stop and  bend over to extend that hand of help and make a difference and change your destiny. We will get lot of opportunities in our lives to help people and we should always bend down to  help. 

             We all are capable of making a difference in lives in some way or the other.   

For days I waited to hear the similar bell of the kulfi waala to ring in our street and one day I heard it and I ran to the terrace to see if it was him and there he was looking up at me trying to recognise me while i said, 
भैया‌ चार कुल्फी देना.

 
By Neelukhana
Coach & Counselor
Live Love Laugh Foundation


Kulfi Waala & Karma

Comments

  1. Neelu you truly were a masiha for good deeds for him. Its so important to contribute to the world. Very well done. Keep growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Dr Reeta . You are forever so encouraging and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! The world needs more Neelu's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kamalneet. We are blessed to have you in the world too spreading your positivity and love.

      Delete
  4. I am So touched. As long as we have braveheart and compassionate people like you around, We have the Hope Alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shweta. We all can make a difference.

      Delete
  5. God speed ya kindness brave girl! Respect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inspiring Neelu. Hats off to you for taking the initiative. Not many of us can dare take that lead. Love you for your kindness and lesson drawn. ����������

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Anuradha. Appreciate your thoughts . Keep inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anjali and Payal

Tree Therapy : Have you hugged a tree ?